Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Looks like we'll be going down together... I mean getting off together...

OMG!!! I just typed an entire post and somewhere between pushing publish and it appearing on my blog it got lost!!! WTF?

Had two very interesting shifts at work in two days!! I spent yesterdays and todays shift doing a "special" (individual patient care) in the Emergency Department at RNSH looking after a young woman who was admitted over the weekend experiencing a psychotic episode. Yesterday she was paranoid and aggressive so they drugged her up. While she spent most of my shift sleeping, I spent most of my shift perving on the ambos bringing in the casualties. I'm a sucker for a man in uniform!

When I went back to my girl today she wasn't drugged up but was resting in bed and seemed quite calm... That was until the electronics tried to get her! In the last 24 hours she has developed an obsession with the thought that there are electronics in the floor and the bed that are dangerous. The bed is toally manual, no eletronics there, and the floor... well, the floor is linoleum. Not very attractive but certainly not dangerous! :o) I had to mop the floor repeatedly after she decided that the way to stop the electronics from getting to her was to pour water on the floor. I also watched as she wiped down the bed frame with a wet cloth to stop the electronics there too. It's a crazy thing to watch! She had also developed a fixation with the sink. She had to have a rubber glove covering the faucet and another in the plug hole and then she had to have the soap dispenser sitting on top of that. Between her and the hot ambos I was kept amused all evening! :o)

In other news, the Tax Man loves me. He has decided that this year I don't need to make my annual HECS (student loan) debt repayment this year! Even better he has directly credited my account with my tax return of approx. $1600 (that's about $700US I think, and bout 3 pounds sterling, hehehe. Damn exchange rate!)!!! Yay for me!!! That's an extra $1600 in my Vanuatu account!

I got a dollar, I got a dollar, I got a dollar hey hey hey hey!

11 Comments:

At 1:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for extra $$$!

Just wanted to say good night - I saw you were heading to bed on Michele's site and wanted to see where you live. Here in Wisconsin, USA, I just woke up and it's a beautiful day!

Sweet dreams!

 
At 1:40 am, Blogger J Anderson said...

Good for the extra £££! Michele sent me.

 
At 1:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great about the extra $$!!Sounds like you have a very interesting job. Take care:)

Michele sent me

 
At 1:56 am, Blogger Jewaira said...

Coming from Michelle's
Good night :)

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger ... j said...

You just godda respect people with Vanuatu accounts. Cheers to you girl, and by the way that would be .73 pound seterling. Damn brits!

 
At 2:20 pm, Blogger kenju said...

You must have an interesting job! She sounds pitiful; can't they give her some meds to take away the paranoia?

Michele sent me.

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

A woman as hot as you is wonderful, Yaeli--but a hot woman with money. Woo-e! That's another ballgame entirely. I'll be on the next flight down there. :-)

Michele sent me--but you know I'll always come anyway.

I've dealt with a few schizophrenics over the years and I've always wondered what they did in the distant past. Since so frequently delusions involve electronics--what did they obsess over before there were electronics? Paranoia needs a focus....

Have I mentiond how lovely you are, Yaeli? :-D

 
At 2:27 pm, Blogger Olyal said...

Utenzi, you're such a charmer! And yes, you have told me how lovely I am... but feel free to say it again!

 
At 2:30 pm, Blogger Michelle said...

Money, money, money money,money! Love the little picture! Here via michele tonight.

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger J Anderson said...

LOL, already commented. Michele sent me (again...)

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger melinama said...

Michele sent me (sort of). You should compose your posts offline (I use Super Notepad) and save them and THEN post them. That way, too, you have a copy on your hard drive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home