Saturday, September 17, 2005

No ordinary boy, no ordinary boy is gonna do. I want a rider that's cool.

Grease 2 was so good last night!!! Yay and woohoo for me!!! I just wish me DVD player worked so I could watch it at my house instead of having to take it to other people's places to watch!

Have you ever wanted to look like the models in those glossy photos in magazines? You know the ones I'm talking about... the ones where they have perfect hair and a perky arse and flat, rock hard abs. Unfortunately it's never going to happen. Go to this site to find out why.

I'm just going to have a little rant about children these days because I heard something lastnight that absolutely appalled me. I was heading over to Aimee's place and I walked past the 7/11 near the station. Outside, leaning against the wall was this kid with a moblie phone. He couldn't have been more than 12 or 13. Judging by his tiny size he could have been even younger than that. As I was walking towards him he lifted the phone to his ear. Here is the conversation the he had:
Child: "Mum, where the hell are you?"
Insert the unheard short replay of the mother here.
Child: "You're a fucking idiot." And then he hangs up on her!

I was absolutely appalled!! I would never have dreamed of speaking to my mother like that and if I had I would have had the sorest bottom around for weeks!

What would you do if your kids did that to you?

Any child that pulls that crap on it's parents deserve a smack upside the head and to be left outside in the cold! I know that's what mine would get.

Children these days... really.

On a less ranty note, this is my 151st post!!! Yay for me!!! That's 2 blogging milestones this month!

And finally, my AFL team (Australian Football - kind of a bastardisation of Gaelic football with an oval ball, a round pitch and 4 goal posts at each end) has made it through to the Grand Final!!!! for the first time in 9 years or something. If the Swans (aka the Bloods) win the premiership it will be for the first time in 72 years!!! Yay!!! *Yaeli does a crazy happy dance!*

17 Comments:

At 1:29 pm, Blogger yellojkt said...

michele sent me. I guess it's Saturday in Australia already. You've changed your template lately haven't you.

I used to think I would never allow my kid to lip off at me. Now that he's a teenager you learn to pick your battles. Not that I would tolerate profanity. that's a battle worth fighting.

 
At 1:31 pm, Blogger dena said...

The first thing I'd do is take the cell phone. I'm not paying for anyone's cell phone bill that's going to talk to me like that!

it's the weekend...i'm here from michele's

 
At 1:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say what?! Not in my house! Soap and water + one tongue!

I saw you were skipped so I came to see you!
Michele sent me.

 
At 2:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Michele sent me, and I want to tahnk you for the link to the photo retouches! You made my night!

 
At 3:03 pm, Blogger Lish said...

Hi Yaeli! I'm here from Michele's tonight. Congrats to your hair for getting a mention on Utenzi's blog. If I had spoken to my mother like that, she would have made me get a switch off the Crab Apple tree in the back yard for her to beat me with.

 
At 3:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Grease 2 enjoyment had more to do with the Pink Champagne!!! :)

 
At 3:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Michele sent me and let me say that if my kid ever did that I would know aliens had ubducted her. that is completely unacceptable!

The only reason that kid could get away with that is that the mom let it start years earlier; that's a long term disrespect that I will never allow to get a foothold in our home.

I'd say "poor mom", but it's really her fault in a lot of ways

 
At 3:40 pm, Blogger . said...

Hello, Michele sent me! And a happy 151! Isn't that some kind of liquor? Ahh yes, the Bacardi. Do you all have that down there?

 
At 4:17 pm, Blogger Deb said...

Your next priority in life should be: getting a new DVD player.

what's up with that? it doesn't work. that's just wrong.

buzzin' through the blogs --found you via that Michele sent me thingy.

Happy Potato pancakes with ketchup!
Deb

 
At 5:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way... i would never allow a kid to lip off to me either. that's a battle worth winning. period!

 
At 6:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

You only heard one side of the story. You have no idea what the situation was and what his mother said to him. Don't be so quick to judge.

 
At 6:32 pm, Blogger -E said...

Michele sent me too. And I think that's disgusting behavior. I think a lot of parents these days are having children when they aren't really mature enough to handle the responsibility and thus their children aren't disciplined. That doesn't go towards all parents now, I know some great parents whose children I don't want to drown....but there are some out there that make me want to rip my uterus out with my own hands to make sure I never have kids.

 
At 9:52 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

That modeling site is amazing, Yaeli. Most of the models were still extremely attractive but the post picture processing always made a big difference--sometimes a HUGE one. That fellow is quite handy with Photoshop!

As for the kid & Mom. I don't know. I know some friends that had alcoholic parents and that's the first thing I thought of when I read the kid's comment.

By the way, thanks, Lish! I love having my name dropped in conversation. And Yaeli does have such nice hair.

 
At 11:28 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

That sounds like a child with a frightening present, and an even more frightening future.

Something tells me society's going to pay for today's incredible level of disrespect in ways we can barely imagine. Scary stuff.

(I'd start by taking away the bugger's mobile phone.)

 
At 1:47 am, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Grease 2: doesn't it have Max Caufield from The Colbys and a young Michelle Pfeiffer?

 
At 6:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go the bloods! I knew of the people I know you be excited as I am. Though is it is a sham ethat Bazza will miss the final....

 
At 9:46 am, Blogger Panthergirl said...

I've worked in publishing/graphic design for years and years, so I know all about retouching. Still, I LOVE THAT SITE!!! What a find!! Now excuse me while I go back and make myself feel good some more...

Here via michele!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home