Sunday, September 18, 2005

I could've danced all night... in fact I did.


I went to an old friend's birthday party last night. It was supposed to be at a pub in the city where his band was playing a gig but at the last minute the gig got cancelled and it turned into a house party instead. I caught up with a heap of people who I haven't seen since I left my forst degree about 3 years ago. I met a few new people (translation: a few really hot guys), including a guy who was totally hot and really nice until midnight when he flipped the switch and went from Jekyll to Hyde in 3.2 seconds flat! I ended up practically having to babysit him in the wee hours of this morning when he wanted to either screw or fight anything that moved, and then he proceeded to throw up (not for the first time that night). But otherwise, it was really good to catch up with the old crowd! :o)

After a lot of drinking and chatting, interspersed with some karaoke, I somehow got roped into kicking on, which seems to be I why I found myself on the dancefloor at Home Nightclub at 2am, busting funkies until the sun came up. After doing a Maccas brekky run to absorb the obscene amount of alcohol that I had consumed (their stoopid thickshake machine was broken - not happy Jan!), and stopping by another pub for a final drink (it was 6:45am at that stage) I finally headed home to bed.

It was a great night! I'm very surprised that I was able to rise to the challenge and go hard all night! I didn't think I was capable of that anymore. :o) Totally crazy.

I had a missed call from a number that I don't recognise at about 1 this morning. I think it might have been from one of my exes. I wish he'd leave me alone! It's been 9 months for goodness sake!!! GET OVER IT!!

My kidneys hurt (probably because I consumed enough alcohol to kill a small horse last night) and I have only had 5 hours sleep and I'm supposed to be working a night shift tonight, so I'd better go and get back into bed soon. Mmmm... bed.

7 Comments:

At 3:56 pm, Blogger Kevin said...

"It's not a party until somebody breaks something and/or somebody pukes."

I'm not sure, but I think Plato said that. You can look it up.

 
At 4:14 pm, Blogger Olyal said...

Yeah, that sounds like Plato... or maybe Socrates.

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger annie said...

I partied like that, too, at that age.
*sigh*
I think I might have ditched Mr. Hyde, though.
LOL! Sounds like you had fun!
(Michele sent me.)

 
At 4:33 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

Sometimes, you just gotta party. I don't think my body could handle that kind of schedule at this stage of the game. Somehow, staying up all night to write is still within my grasp. But dancing...nah!

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

A night of drinking and dancing...ahh...that's what I need too. I have never been much of a late night partier, but I love to dance. Glad you had a blast!

 
At 9:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a super time dancing the night away! It's been ages since I last did that... *sigh*

Here via Michele's

 
At 10:22 pm, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You seem to have had a quiet night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home