Thursday, November 03, 2005

Toot Toot!!! Honk Honk!!!

I apologise to all my friends for my tardiness in answering their terrific questions. I have been back at uni this week and trying to cope with getting a big group assignment in on time when my group has not been very co-operative.

Thank you all for your questions! I like it when people do what I ask. :o) Hehehe. I have answered them as best as I can.

Kenju asked:
1. What is mental health prac. for uni?
A: Mental health prac is a 50 hour clinical placement that I do in a mental health facility. "Pracs" (practicals) happen for most of our theoretical subjects and are part of the passing criteria for the subject.
2. How many different places have you lived?
I have lived in Sydney, Sydney and Sydney. Actually, I lie. I lived with a family in a town called Dinan in Bretagne, France, for 2 months at the end of 1999 when I did a student exchange program.

Netchick asked:
1. What was the best thing about a previous relationship you've had?
The sex.
2. What was the worst?
The sex. (Different relationship though.) :o)

Yellowrose asked:
1. Who has been your biggest inspiration in your life?
I think my Nanna and Pa have been my biggest inspiration. They were both such wonderful and caring people, and I still try to do things that they would be proud of.
2. If you had to choose between happiness or a life of luxury which would it be?
I would choose happiness, because I don't think that luxuries necessarily bring you happiness... they just make you lazy. :o)

Jennypenny asked:
1. What is your favourite alcoholic beverage?
I'm a big Vodka fan. At the moment me and my friend Ali are very much into "Norwegians" which are a cocktail made with Absolut Kurant, lemonade (Sprite), and lime cordial or fresh lime. Very yummy. :o)
2. What is your favorite photo hanging on you wall?
I have a big poster above my bed. On it is a photo of a very sweet little white seal pup who looks very much like the seal in the picture below. My step brother and sister got it for me for my birthday one year.




Ribbiticus asked:
1. What's your favorite color?
My favourite colour is blue. It's nice and calming.
2. Who do you look up to and why?
I look up to my friend's boyfriend, because he's 6ft 7". Hehehe. Seriously!!!

Mar asked:
1. What kind of music do you listen to?
I listen to all sorts of music, from hard rock to punk rock to rock rock. :o) I Listen to pretty much anything that isn't Britney Spears, an Idol graduate, or country music.
2. Would you share your favorite easy recipe with us?
My favourite recipe is for anything that says "heat and serve" on the side. :o) Last winter I was given a slow cooker by my mum, and I love making casseroles in it. I haven't got a specific recipe but you just throw in a heap of vegetables (whatever takes your fancy) and some meat (Chicken, beef, dog...) and a jar of tomato pasta sauce (I like to use 5 Brothers or Paul Newman's sauce) and then you put the slow cooker on low and cook it for 7 hours or so. Slow cookers are awesome because you can throw everything in and put it on before you leave for work, and then when you get home you have a tasty meal waiting for you. They are fool proof.
BTW: I was kidding about the dog meat. Dog shouldn't be put in a casserole. It should be saved for special dishes like Combination Dalmation, Sweet and Sour Chihuahua, and Satay Sharpei. :o) Hehehehehehehehe.

Handsome Utenzi asked:
1. Is your belly button an innie or an outie?
I have an innie. :o)
2. Of the places you've been to in Australia, what's your favourite?
I actually haven't been to lost of places in Australia. I do like Melbourne because one of my best friends lives there and it has a totally different pace to Sydney, but I'm sure there are a lot of out of the way places that I haven't been that are much more beautiful than any of the cities. The Blue Mountains is very pretty, particularly the Megalong Valley where I was camping the other week.

Easy asked:
How about a picture taken from your front doorway, and a random picture taken from someplace you go this week?
Here is a photo taken from my front door... (For some reason this photo has disappeared from view. How odd!!!)

And here is a photo that I took a couple of months ago, because for some reason I can't load the photo of the puppy in the pet shop that I took during the week.

Dena asked:
1. What's your favorite way to spend a couple of days off?
I get very lazy on my days off. I love to sleep and veg out in front of the telly. I also like to hang out with my friends, which I get to do most days of the week... but it's different when it's a day off.
2. How do the people that really know you describe you?
People describe me as loud, brash, intimidating, entertaining and fun... plus a whole lot of other things that I can't say here. ;o)

Christine asked:
1. Who was your first true love?
Only one guy comes close to ever qualifying as a true love. Unfortunately I don't think I had the same meaning to him. He gave me a total run around.
2. How or why did it end?
It ended (several times) because it just got too complicated, and I wasn't getting what I wanted.

Star asked:
1. If you weren't going into the mental health field, what would you be doing?
I'd probably do paediatrics... which I still might do at a later date. And I want to do post-grad midwifery.
2.What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Chocolate.

Sandy asked:
I adore that photo. What a cute little critter. Is that you holding him?
Nope. That little pic was a picture that was e-mailed to me a while ago. The little critter is a hedgehog apparently. We don't have them here in Oz. Shame really, cos they're very cute!
That response answered Maggie's question too.

Deni asked:
1. If I were to look in your refrigerator right now, what would I see that would shock me?
Are you shocked by old food? I think we have a jar of tomatoes that date back to 1994 in our fridge. I was going to throw them out but then I realised that they are more than 10 years old and therefore they are a piece of history. :o)
2. If you could go anywhere in the whole world for a month, with an endless budget, where would you go?
I think I would like to take my friends to some beautiful island resort for a month of partying and playing. That would be so much fun!!!

Aginoth asked:
1. Can you lick the end of your own nose?
Nope. I'm not that talented. I once went out with a guy who could though. ;o)
2. Do you think you would ever spurn modern society and go live in a hut in the wilderness?
Quite possibly. I feel that that is always a valid lifestyle choice and will reserve that option for a day when I chuck a massive strop and want to run away.
Actually my trip to Vanuatu is a little along that track too.

And finally...

Nicos asked:
What's the meaning of life?
Well Nicos, the meaning of life is...................

P.S. It took me two and a half hours to write this post!!!

17 Comments:

At 4:11 am, Blogger utenzi said...

You're so sweet!

 
At 6:04 am, Blogger Aginoth said...

Think I might have to try this myself....

 
At 6:23 am, Blogger ribbiticus said...

whew! that must've given you a headache - hehehe. great answers! :)

 
At 1:12 pm, Blogger dena said...

So fun to learn so much about you. Loved reading it all!

 
At 5:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job, Yaeli! enjoyed reading your post.

 
At 6:04 pm, Blogger Michelle Pessoa said...

That Norwegian cocktail sounds yummy!

Michele sent me!

 
At 6:09 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Yaeli. It's great to be back from Michele's this week. I wanted to visit more often this week - on my own - but was bogged down by work. Weekends seem to be my time to catch up.

Loved what you write about your Nanna and Pa. It was so reverential, and so close to how I feel about my own. Every day, I stop for a moment at some point and think about whether they'd be proud of what I accomplished that day. I try to make sure they always are, wherever they are now.

Thanks for triggering a very happy memory.

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger Dak-Ind said...

i got here because aginoth is also doing the two question post and i thought it was such a neat idea i had to follow her link to you and tell you so! what a nice adn interesting way to get to know your fellow blogger.

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger Aginoth said...

Did to two question post thing as well today, come and ask me questions.

oh Michelle sent me but I have a link to you anyway :o)

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger Adrian said...

I have stumbled into your blog at the right time - I now feel I know so very much about you.

Oh, and I'm sure you hear this far too often but... "I have family in Australia" (please pretend it is a big deal).

(...Michele Michele)

 
At 11:41 pm, Blogger Shannon said...

Well, we're waiting for the answer to the last question....

Here from Michele!

 
At 12:20 am, Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Hello, Michele sent me.

That's a great picture of the bridge. I also like your musical choices, I really like your musical choices.

 
At 12:11 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

Gosh but you're beautiful, Yaeli. Just takes my breath away. *gasp*

 
At 12:48 pm, Blogger Steph said...

Great blog!
Michele sent me...
Have a great weekend!

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger WendyWings said...

You don't have hedgehogs in Australia are you sure ??
That is weird because we have them in New Zealand lol
Michele sent me :)

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hey Yaeli. I'm back again - thanks, Michele - and I must say I'm impressed that it ONLY took you 2-and-a-half hours to put this post together.

I would have been slaving over it all night!

 
At 12:02 am, Blogger kenju said...

Yaeli, this was great fun to read. Thanks for answering my question! I may have people ask me questions too, because while it may take a long time to write the answers, it makes for an easy post.

Michele sent me today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home