Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm blogging in bed!!!!

I love this wireless network business. It's great! I can blog from where ever I want!! I can blog in bed, in the bath, in the backyard, or anywhere else that takes my fancy!!! It's so exciting!!!

I have spent the last two days at a first aid course to complete my Senior First Aid Certificate. I passed the tests with flying colours and I am now the proud holder of a first aid certification! What really gets me though is that I paid $160 (AUS) for a two day course which I had basically paid $2000 (AUS) to do already because the content pretty much covered everything that I have done at uni. Essentially, I paid $160 for a piece of paper. But I really did need to get the certificate so that I can go to Vanuatu, so I guess it's worth it.

Last night Miss Aimee came over and I cooked pumpkin, sweet potato, potato, asparagus and chicken risotto. I have never cooked risotto before, and I must say that for a first attempt its was pretty damn good! A little bit gluggy, but not too bad. And it was VERY tasty!! I might have to have some for lunch today. :o)

The other day I promised a "briefing post" about my trip to Vanuatu. So here it is.

The deal with Vanuatu is that I am going over there as a challenger with a company called Youth Challenge Australia, a branch of Youth Challenge International. I will be participating in a 10 week program from 2nd Dec 2005 to the 6th Feb 2006. Rather than retyping the websites I am providing links to the relevant pages, because the professionals describe the project and its purpose more eloquently and with greater detail than I can.

Links:
What is youth challenge?
About the Vanuatu program.

Those are the major links that should answer many of the questions that my dear friends have.
If you have any other questions then feel free to post them in the comments section and I will do my best to answer them in a subsequent post.

Cheers big ears!

16 Comments:

At 4:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy.. that Risoto sounds great. There is a restaurant in my neighborhood called RISOTERIA. They have a huge list of different risotos. (How do you spell that?) Anyhow, good thing it's so close, 'cause I'm too lazy to make it!

BLOGGING IN BED ROCKS!

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger Karen said...

Hi Yaeli. Michele sent me!

When I hear you say Vanuatu, I can't help but think of the reality show "Survivor," of which I'm hopelessly addicted. Hope you have a great time!

Wireless is so cool. I wish ours was still working...

 
At 11:50 pm, Blogger . said...

Risotto, yum! I love that! Well there isn't much I don't love, but rices and such are the best!

I sometimes blog in bed, but I find I get drowsy and start giving away state secrets and other such things. I now have a special chair I sit in with my laptop. You know what, though. There's still a wire for the power. What I want is a chair with pedals so I can power my laptop that way! :)

 
At 3:15 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Good luck with the Vanuatu gig, Yaeli. And I think your title, "blogging in bed" is designed to get hormones to percolating. Shame on you! LOL (or is that shame on me?)

 
At 11:08 am, Blogger Olyal said...

Utenzi, the percolating hormones are just an added bonus! :o)

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I love my wireless too! Freedom!!!

 
At 4:30 pm, Blogger Lish said...

I wish I had wireless, and that risotto sounds delicious! Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I will be returning the favor for the same reasons. I read so many blogs now that I can't keep track of all of them.

 
At 12:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went on a road trip with my wireless lap top recently. It was fun when I could pick it up wherever...and sometimes frustrating when i couldn't. Truck stops and wireless cafes...and then there's always the libraries. Hello from michele's

 
At 12:58 am, Blogger Trista said...

I used to have wireless in my apartment. I loved having wireless. Its nice not to be constricted to a certain area of the apartment. I actually ended up cancelling my internet service completely a couple months ago. I'm never home, and I figured that since I only use the internet on Sundays, and one day a week really isn't worth the money.

 
At 1:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you on the crazyness of the first aid certification. I'm a nurse, too, and I'm thinkin my degree probably should serve as proof of my first aid ability! Oh, but where would those programs make any money if we didn't have to "recertify"...LOL!

That risotto sounds very yummy.

Here from Michele's!

P.S. I am very jealous you lucky bed bloggers!

 
At 12:12 pm, Blogger Theo said...

i am soooooooooooo ready for wireless at home. i just got a new soni lap top, and can't wait. next week we make the jump to wireless!!

Hello, Michele sent me.

 
At 2:12 pm, Blogger Erin said...

Hi, Michele sent you to me, and now I am visiting you!

I love my wireless too! Bloging in bed is the BEST!

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

This time Michele sent me to you, Yaeli--and to my dismay you still have a 3 day old post up. Horrors!

I hope you're having a nice weekend so far and that you don't have any shifts to do at work this weekend. You need some time to relax before going to Vanuatu, Yaeli dear.

 
At 7:03 pm, Blogger Olyal said...

OH! I am such a slack arse!!!
I was writing a new post just as you came to visit me! :o)
Fussy bugger!

 
At 8:03 am, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hey Yaeli. I'm back from Michele's.

I can relate to the wonders of wireless: I don't know how I got by without it. Even if I'm just at the kitchen table, the fact that I don't have to plug in and stay noosed to one area is a godsend.

 
At 1:18 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Yaeli. I'm back again. This entry intrigued me the first time I read it - even more so now.

I can't wait to hear more about your experienced on Vanuatu. I suspect you'll find a way to use the isolation to your advantage.

There's something about low-tech environments that forces us to get creative.

Visiting from Michele's again. I hope your toe is starting to feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home