Tuesday, October 04, 2005

There's no place like home... or is there?

I'm back home and no longer hiding out at Miss Aimee's house. My house is still no fun though. It's boring being by myself. I went to do some grocery shopping yesterday afternoon and as I walked into Coles I called Aimee to see if she wanted anything from the store, unfortunately I wasnt going back to Aimee's and she laughed at me for being so silly. I'm having a bit of separation anxiety now. :o)

I start my clinical placement this arvo at a hospital that is quite a long way away. Seeing as I don't drive I'm going to have to catch a train and walk, which will make the trip even longer. Stoopid random allocations.

I got my flight itinerary for Vanuatu today!!! I leave on the 2nd of December and I get back on the 6th February. The best bit about the whole thing is that work is paying for my flights!!! WOOHOO!!!

Have to go and find my uni name tag for prac this arvo... I don't know where I left it when I was done with it 3 months ago. Bugger.

4 Comments:

At 4:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There really is not place like home. Even after taking my "dream trip", it felt great to walk in the door of my apartment! Now I'm going through girlfriend withdrawl. After spending 24-7 with my best buddies for almost 3 weeks, it's just not the same when they aren't around. Of course, seeing my hubby again makes up for it a bit!

Anyhow, good luck with your new job. Hope the daily trek doesn't get you down. Think of all the great books you can read on the way!

 
At 7:55 am, Blogger utenzi said...

I'm sorry, sweet Yaeli, that you're not having fun at home. And even more so that you're going to have to endure the agonizingly long commute to your next clinical placement.

 
At 9:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the home thing. Kinda sucks to live alone. I'm trying really hard to turn my negative self talk into something more positive... But, it's hard!

Have fun today!

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger dena said...

I'm very intrigued and need more info on your trip. You'll either have to direct me to earlier posts or give me my own personal info in a new post at the top of your blog.

I'm curious, and visiting from michele's

 

Post a Comment

<< Home