Sunday, September 25, 2005

Cheer cheer the red and the white....

WOOHOO!!! My football team won the grand final yesterday!!! It's the first time they've played in a grand final in 10 years and the first time that they've won the grand final in 72 years!!! They won by 4 points and by the fourth quarter you could see how desperate they were to win it. It was a great game!!!

The Bloods with the Cup for the first time in 72 years!

Some of the boys just after the final siren.


The boys with the cup! WOOHOO!!!

And to make the day even better, I scored a top feed at Mum's place and I watched it on the big screen!!

After leaving the pirate party early on Friday night (it was a bit of a bust), I proceeded over to Miss Aimee's for drinking games, more booze and some girl on girl action... (I'm actually not kidding about the girl on girl stuff... it was an unfortunate result of have far too much evil alcohol and playing spin the bottle with a significant testosterone / oestrogen imbalance.) I didn't hear Lachie and Craig complaining though. Then yesterday Aimee, Craig, Ali and I puddled over to Mum's for footy and lunch, and then we went to Craig's where he cooked us dinner.

I'm lonely now because my friends and I are all at our own houses, and you get kind of attached to them after spending 36 hours together. :o)

Off to watch Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life.

"Every spem is sacred. Every spem is great. If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate."

9 Comments:

At 3:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!

Here from Michele's!!

 
At 4:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite the 'engaging' evening!! LOL... What a blast!

Here from Michele's, and my blog too!

 
At 4:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michele sent me. Isn't it great when your team wins? Although, I've given up on the Vikings (Minnesota football team) ever winning!

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

72 years...amazing. I always love when a team breaks such a long drought. First the Boston Red Sox, and now this.

I'm visiting from Michele's tonight. It's just after 1 a.m. here...time for me to tuck in.

 
At 7:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a great weekend to me, enjoy your sunday as well! I am also visiting from Michele, but unlike carmi I am just beginning my day...

 
At 8:42 pm, Blogger J Anderson said...

My local football/soccer team is Middlesbrough and we have red white colours.

Michele sent me.

 
At 10:55 am, Blogger utenzi said...

OH MY GOD! LOL Spin the bottle, indeed. As for the Python, I can see watching Brian or Holy Grail over and over but Meaning of Life? You are very brave, Yaeli!

Congrats to your football team, Yaeli. 72 years is way too long, maybe they'll hold on to it a few years so as to make the wait worthhwhile.

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger dena said...

Sounds like a perfect day...the team wins, and lunch....

 
At 11:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home