Monday, June 27, 2005

Holiday... Celebrate...

Exams are all over! (Thank god.) And now it's time for me to party down and live the lazy life that was intended for me!!! Woohoo!

I hate work, so I told them that I couldn't go in today because my downstairs had flooded with all the rain and I had to wait for a repair man. This now means that I can have lunch with Bear and spend my day being lazy and doing useless things, rather than wiping old people's dirty arses.

I have applied to do a 10 week volunteer program at the end of the year in Vanuatu (www.yts.edu.au/oth/yca/), and on Saturday I had to attend a selection day to show the evaluators what an appropriate candidate I am! After spending 8 or 9 hours in the rain, I did a "job style" interview and I got the impression that they quite liked me. So hopefully I'll be getting a phone call in the next week or so to say that they want me, and then I'll be asking everyone for money to raise the funds I need to cover a portion of the trip. (And yes, I am supposed to fundraise a certain amount of money, I'm not just being a tight arse.)
The sooner I get the nod, also means the sooner I will be able to take advantage of the big Kathmandu sale that's on at the moment. I'll be able to get my pack and stuff half price! I love a good bargain.

Decision of the week: I'm not going to deal with other people's shit. It just ain't my problem.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 am, Blogger Olyal said...

How considerate of you!!! Your presents are so much fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home