Thursday, May 12, 2005

Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny peanut babies.

Today I got to play in the special care nursery with the teeny premature babies. One of the sweet little boys was born about 6 weeks ago at 27 weeks (nearly 7 months) and he is so tiny!!!! His hands would fit on a 50 cent coin. I did feeds for another little boy who was also tiny, but not as tiny as the first one, and he was so beautiful snuggled up with me drinking from his little bottle. I understood then how easy it would be to fall in love with a baby, even if it wasn't biologically your own. All the bubbies were just so sweet. I just wanted to tuck the itsy bitsiest into my handbag (and believe me he would have fit) and take him home. Unfortunately most if the really tiny ones are still on tube feeding because the earlier they are born the less they know about sucking.

We also had 2 sets of twins in there today and another set was born today via c-section. So many babies!!! It's very exciting, and I am so happy to be there. But all good things must come to an end, and tomorrow will be my last day at this prac. :o( No more itsy bitsy babies for a while. I'll definitely be back though. I feel like this is what I want to do... maybe not for the rest of my life, but at least in the near future. I am way too clucky.

Next week will be childcare... yay for playtime!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home