Sunday, February 11, 2007

It's the time you've all been waiting for...

I mentioned last week that I had news that I could not reveal as it had not yet been confirmed. In the last 48 hours I have received confimation, so I am pleased to announce... (drum roll please)...

As of the end of March I will be blogging from Port Vila, Vanuatu, as I have been offered an 18 month contract working for a NGO (or non-government organisation for those of you that are wondering), and I have decided to accept! While I will initially be starting out doing a combination of financial management and project programming, the position is a fluid and flexible role that will change over the 18 months in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation. It is a very exciting time to be getting involved with this organisation as it's a time of big change and development within the organisation.
The added bonus of this job is that I get to go and live in my crazy little house at Blacksands with my honey. (For a description of our house click on the link to a previous post. Photos of our two little rooms are below.)

Our bedroom...

Our living room / kitchen... (the bench with our gas camping stove is on the right out of the shot).

To those of you who were convinced that I'm pregnant, sorry to disappoint. I know sprogs don't necessarily follow plans, but we won't be expecting any "little guests" until 2010 if all goes to plan.

I will leave you for today with one of my more artistic photos from my trip. We lit a big bonfire on the beach the night before New Years Eve and I was playing with my digital camera, which I bought just before I went away. I turned off my flash, pointed and shot and this is the finished result...

17 Comments:

At 1:01 am, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Lucky you, Yaeli. I hadn't heard of Vanaetu until a few weeks ago when a visitor to my Journal registered on my country list.

Michele sent me.

 
At 7:21 am, Blogger Uisce said...

hey, that's really exciting news! what a great opportunity!

 
At 9:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here via Michele. I hear Vanuatu's pretty interesting.

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger sage said...

Okay, I thought my geography was pretty good, but I'm going to have to find Vanaetu on a map (I first thought it was a city in India). Congratuations on your new job. Michele says hi.

 
At 11:47 am, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Congratulations on the new position. Can you say which NGO this is?? Just curious.

So is Michele,

Mike

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger Melody said...

That is great news Yaeli. I hope you'll be really happy. You deserve to be after putting up with all that Bulls**t from the Aussie Govt. Good luck.

 
At 8:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaeli howw exciting! I had to google Vanuatu and it looks amazing and great that you have your own place there. I hope all goes according to plan.
Michele sent me.

 
At 7:56 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, Congratulations on this NEW Job! And how great that you will be with your darling one for this 18 months...Perfect, Perfect,Perfect! And what a darling little house, my dear!

 
At 10:07 am, Blogger Janejill said...

hello Yaeli - Michelle sent me; Vanuatu sounds very Taitian - exotic anyway - off to google it. congratulations

 
At 11:16 am, Blogger srp said...

New jobs are always good. Congratulations! Sounds like a lovely place to work and live.
Michele sent me tonight.

 
At 5:32 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Hi beautiful Yaeli! I'm late to the party on this post--sorry.

That's great news since you can be close to Ben this way. Does the job use your nursing training? It doesn't sound like it does but I'm sure medical skills are in demand there.

It looks like you and Ben are going to be living a very low maintenance lifestyle. I love the colors that are being displayed in the room and I'm surprised there's Internet connections there on Vanuatu. Is it across phone lines, Yaeli?

 
At 2:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and post us some pictures.

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Lidia said...

Wow! Blacksands is awesome :) I want to be you i want to be you! I think i've been there a few times...is it on the way out of Port Vila heading towards Mele? I really hope everything goes well for you in those beautiful islands!
-Amy

 
At 6:54 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

Happy St Valentine's Day, lovely Yaeli. And to answer your question, kosher salt has bigger crystals and it's circumsized. No iodine either.

 
At 7:53 pm, Blogger MaR said...

Have to admit I just googled Vanuatu ... congrats on your new job, young lady!!

 
At 11:25 am, Blogger Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike roshe run, sac longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike free, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, michael kors, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, prada handbags, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike free

 
At 11:48 am, Blogger Unknown said...

canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, barbour jackets, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose outlet, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, links of london, pandora charms, converse outlet, moncler, gucci, juicy couture outlet, barbour, moncler, pandora jewelry, supra shoes, montre pas cher, moncler, wedding dresses, converse, doudoune canada goose, moncler, moncler, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, ugg boots uk, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, lancel, pandora charms, coach outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, replica watches, toms shoes, ray ban, moncler, swarovski crystal, karen millen, bottes ugg, moncler outlet, canada goose, canada goose uk, canada goose, canada goose, swarovski, hollister

 

Post a Comment

<< Home