Monday, December 18, 2006

House xmas, disaster blasters and two days to go!

Yesterday myself and my housemates decided to have an early xmas in light of my departure on Wednesday. It was a great afternoon with enough food to feed an army, nice presents (cos it's not christmas without pressies), and (of course) plenty of booze!

I have a lovely new drink recipe for you to try if you like fruity drinks. I call it the Disaster Blaster, but Kath calls it GoGo Juice. At the super market here you can buy 3 litre cans of "party punch" mix, but this can be substituted with a mix of punchy fruit juices such as pineapple, apple or orange. Anywho... To every litre of juice or punch mix add 350 mls of sparkling white wine (the cheaper and trashier the better. For those who know what Passion Pop is, use that), 3 shots of Absolute Peach vodka, 1 shot of Bacardi rum, and a few hundred mls of lemonade to taste. Makes for a very drinkable summery punch.

Of course I recommend that you drink only in moderation (do as I say, not as I do kids), as the only reason that I drank this blend to excess last night was to scientifically assess the hangover causing capacity of this exciting drink (and to get pissed). Surprisingly I'm feeling only a little dehydrated this morning. No headache and no tummy upset.

Only two days to go until I'm back with my man in our tropical paradise. I'm pretty much packed and very ready to go, just sitting here wishing that time would pass faster. Why doesn't time fly when you want it to?

13 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger Joe said...

That drink sounds great! I'll have to give it a whirl.

Here via Michele.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger Pat said...

Don't wish your time away- anticipation is often the best part. A drink you may like is kir which is any white wine with cassis (blackcurrant juice) added to taste. A kir Royale is with cassis and champagne. Bottoms up! Here via Michele.

 
At 11:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The drink sounds yummy, but think I'll stick with my wine. (smile)
And Bon Voyage to you! Have a great time on your island paradise with the love of your life. Happy Holidays.
Here from Michele's.....

 
At 1:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a yummy summer drink.

Merry Christmas.

Here from MIchele's.

 
At 1:08 pm, Blogger scrappintwinmom said...

That drink sounds yummy! Here via Michele!

 
At 1:41 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

Time always flies, Yaeli--but only in retrospect. Living the minutes takes time but reliving them doesn't.

That sounds like a very interesting drink, Yaeli. I'll have to remember it for summer time. It's a bit chilly for fruit drinks on this side of the equator, dammit.

Michele sent me over to observe your beauty in awestruck silence.

 
At 1:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came home from a Christmas party and I'm stuffed so I can't think about it. here from micheles...

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

Time seems to move way too quickly when we enjoy ourselves.

Anticipation, on the other hand, is a lovely way to slow it down. Or at least its perception.

I am so happy for you!

 
At 2:19 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Bon Voyage, sweet Yaeli. Have fun in the islands and I hope you like his parents--and they like you too.

 
At 2:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"summery drink" -- We've got hurricane force winds here!

But it sounds delish just the same. Perhaps I'll try it when I am throwing my Christmas party this Friday.

Have an AWESOME trip Yaeli!

 
At 8:33 am, Blogger utenzi said...

It's almost time for you to return from your Man, Yaeli. Welcome back!

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger utenzi said...

You peeked at my blog! Welcome home, Yaeli. I hope you had a great time on the island. Have wedding bells chimed yet?

 
At 11:41 am, Blogger Unknown said...

`north face outlet, nike huarache, lululemon, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti, iphone 6s plus cases, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, iphone 5s cases, iphone 6 plus cases, louboutin, reebok shoes, vans, nike air max, nike air max, celine handbags, vans shoes, mac cosmetics, nike roshe, herve leger, oakley, insanity workout, s5 cases, ralph lauren, p90x workout, iphone 6 cases, beats by dre, hollister, longchamp, iphone 6s cases, hollister, iphone cases, babyliss, mont blanc, bottega veneta, nfl jerseys, ipad cases, new balance, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, baseball bats, jimmy choo shoes, instyler, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, nike trainers, timberland boots, birkin bag, ghd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home