Saturday, November 26, 2005

Surprise!!!

I have recovered from my hangover!!! Woohoo!!! I had my 3rd exam on thursday and it was a complete monster of an exam. It was so bad that Miss Ali and I went to the pub the night before to have a beer and try to calm down. Uni on Thursday morning was panic central. There were tears and tantrums everywhere (some of which came from me). So by Thursday night Ali and I had decided that we had earned the right to go out and get a bit boozed up. We weren't planning on having a blinder, just a few drinks to get us a bit tiddly, but somehow a few drinks became a few more and the next thing I knew I was stumbling in the front door at 6am with a very sexy Costa Rican man on my arm. Ali and I both felt rotten yesterday. We worked out that we had 12-15 drinks each, and decided that it was good training for tonight when I'm having "bye bye" drinks with some friends.

I know I promised everyone that a big surprise would be unveiled on Monday, but because you've all been such good boys and girls I'm going to unveil it today. :o)
Many of you will remember the last haircut I had, with all it's beautiful straightness and pretty colours.

For a curlier view just check out my profile photo to the right. :o)

Yesterday I got a new haircut to see me through my 10 weeks in Vanuatu...

What do you think? Cute, huh? I've never had my hair this short before!!! These photos were taken just after I woke up... even my bed hair looks funky!!!

Less than one week to go now! I leave next Friday! So much to do, so little time...

13 Comments:

At 12:52 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hey Yaeli. The hair looks great. Before this year, I never had the guts to cut my hair short. But I threw caution to the wind over the summer, and it feels lovely to just wake up, wash it and get out of the house. No fuss, no muss.

I hope you bring a paper-based journal to capture your time on the island. We'll miss you while you're there, but can't wait to hear the stories when you get back.

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

It looks perfect for a vacation. Easy to care for, and easy to wash sand out of.

Michele...

 
At 1:08 pm, Blogger dena said...

Cute! I love the hair. I've always wanted to cut my hair short, but never had the courage. Not everyone can pull of a short cut like that, but you certainly have! Looks great!

 
At 1:11 pm, Blogger RC said...

Hi Yaeli! Your hair looks great!

Sorry I have not been here in a long time, but it's great seeing that you are still blogging!

I hope you have a nice weekend Yaeli!

 
At 1:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks cool, Yaeli! How funny that I came here via Michele's "Spread the Cheer"! Hope your Thanksgiving went well. 12-15 drinks? Oh, God. I'd be in the morgue if I did that.

 
At 3:28 pm, Blogger Uisce said...

Cute, well yeah!! Damn cute!!

Michele sent me!

 
At 3:35 pm, Blogger Kim said...

It's very cute! I wish I had the nerve to go that short again.

Hello from Michele!

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

LOVE the haircut! It looks great, and so easy and stress free.

I'm embarassed by what a dumb, pop-culture bred American I am, but when I read you were going to Vanuatu, my first thought was, "You mean like on Surivor?"""

I enjoyed reading here. I"ll be back!

 
At 4:01 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi there Yaeli...I'm here from Michele, today...I think your hair is adorable! And,I think that was the smartest thing to do since you will be gone for such a long time...I just cut my own hair, a couple of days ago, and it feels wonderful! Does your head feel lighter??? Your trip is getting
v-e-r-y close!!!!

 
At 4:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great haircut. I would like to have the guts to go that short but I am afraid it would take something really serious to get me to do it. I admire you!

Michele sent me.

 
At 7:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your haircut! you look great. And thanks for letting us know it is hot somewhere else! I plan to get a haircut like yours every spring but then I go back to my regular bob...Have a great vacation!!!!!!!

 
At 11:56 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Well, it'll grow out, won't it, Yaeli?

LOL I don't intend to be mean but your face looks so wonderful framed by your hair, Yaeli. On the other hand, while on your island for the next couple of weeks having short hair will probably be a lot easier.

Have a great trip and learn lots and lots, Yaeli. You're going to be such a great nurse.

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike roshe run, sac longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike free, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, michael kors, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, prada handbags, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike free

 

Post a Comment

<< Home