Saturday, November 12, 2005

Funny for the day.

Tonight I had dinner with my fisherman brother (the oldest brother for those that have some idea of my list of brothers) and his wife. We had a great time. Lots of yummy thai food at my favourite thai restaurant and plenty of booze.

When we got home from dinner my sister-in-law was trying to get her messagebank on her mobile phone to work but she couldn't. She came to me in her frustration and said "the system is asking for my 426 number code to access my messages. What's a 426 number code?"

After thinking about it for a minute I realised that the phone company was asking for her four to six number code (like a pin number), not a 426 number code. After explaining this navigating the perils of Telstra became much easier. :o)

11 Comments:

At 11:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is VERY funny!! Reminds me off the time my 18 year old daughter got her first debit card and was sure the reason it wouldn't work in the ATM was because she forgot to sign the back. It had nothing to do with the fact she forgot her PIN!

BTW...

Michele sent me!

Amanda
http://argblog.typepad.com

 
At 8:27 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Language to computer interfaces can be confusing. The two-to thing is just one example. Thanks for the funny story, Yaeli. It's good that you're around to help people out!

I sure wish I could help out with you and your list on the post below. :-)

 
At 8:31 am, Blogger ribbiticus said...

hahaha. good thing you realized it in time. :)

here via michele today, yaeli.

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger dena said...

That's hilarious! Freakin' hilarious.

 
At 9:40 am, Blogger Aginoth said...

LOL...thats funny :o)

I Love Thai Food

Michelle sent me today :o)

 
At 10:10 am, Blogger craziequeen said...

hi Yaeli - I love Thai food too :-)

Very nice Thai restaurant down by the Aginoths [dribble]

Michele sent me :-)

cq

 
At 10:43 am, Blogger WendyWings said...

LOL is her name Jessica Simpson ?

Michele sent me again :)

 
At 11:21 am, Blogger craziequeen said...

it's 12.20am and I'm off to bed...

once I can drag myself away from the 3DM&G....

:-)

cq

 
At 12:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, that's pretty good! For some reason I'm pretty good at figuring out those little abbreviations. Like on personalized license plates, my boyfriend is always asking me what they're supposed to say, lol.

CUL8R ;)

Michele sent me!

 
At 1:54 pm, Blogger Spock said...

HEHEHE. That's too cute...sister-in-laws. :) Here from Michele's this time.

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger jane said...

haha thats too cute. sometimes if we don't know what to expect, even the most familiar of things can sound confusing. good thing she had you there to help her. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home