Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Borstal Boy

I finally got the presentation for my group assignment done today. The presentation was finished at 10:55am and presented at 11:00am. :o) We cut it a little fine but it didn't seem to matter. I think the marker was high on crack or something because for some reason she gave us a high distinction for our crap presentation. That certainly will boost my average grade. :o)

When I got home from uni today I decided to take a little time out for myself and I sat down to watch a movie on Foxtel. The movie that was on was Borstal Boy (2000), based on the autobiographical book of the same name by Irish poet Brendan Behan (published 1958).

Borstal Boy is an outstanding movie about love. Irish Behan is played by American actor Shawn Hatosy, who puts in a brilliant performance as a tough young man in juvenile prison learning about friendships and love, and his Irish accent is excellent. Hatosy also earns bonus points for being rather easy on the eyes. I'm a sucker for a cute guy with an accent.

I'm not usually a movie crier, but I watched this with tears rolling down my cheeks. I think this is going to become a new favourite on my movie list. I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on a copy of the book too.

Anywho, I highly recommend the movie. If you've already seen it, let me know what you thought of it. :o)

Cheers big ears!!!

9 Comments:

At 3:49 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Hmmm. I missed that movie, Yaeli. I think I'll go for mindless car chases but thanks for letting us know about Borstal Boy. I'm sure more sensitive and enlightened members of your circle will be interested. *grunt*

 
At 10:09 am, Blogger Christine said...

Oh man, it is definitely a tear jerker!!!
I loved it also.

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger dena said...

I've never heard of it, but will definitely give it a view. I love flicks that pull at the emotions.

 
At 5:53 pm, Blogger jane said...

I just love it when I find a movie I enjoy like that. I've never even heard of it, but imagine I'll hear of it again shortly....things just happen that way.
I enjoyed your blog

Michele sent me :)

 
At 6:38 pm, Blogger JoeC said...

Hello, Michele sent me. Hi ya, what other movies that have that same effect on ya? cheers!

 
At 8:42 pm, Blogger Carol said...

I never heard of it, Yaeli. I will keep it in mind.
Michele sent me!

 
At 11:18 pm, Blogger Aginoth said...

sounds interesting...will look out for that one

 
At 1:13 pm, Blogger ribbiticus said...

will make sure to check it out at our rental counter! thanks!

here via michele again today. :)

 
At 3:43 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

Sometimes, the worst presentations are the ones that are most well-received. I wish I could explain it, because I agonize every time I have to deliver one.

Speaking of which, I'm giving a speech on Monday...I'd better get cracking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home