Sunday, March 27, 2005

Massive M*A*S*H Marathon

I have developed a M*A*S*H addiction. Foxtel is running a huge marathon with all the episodes shown over 5 days and I can't help but tune in everytime I'm in front of the telly (which has been a fair bit over this long weekend, much to my health kick's disgust). I missed the original M*A*S*H airings (contrary to my childhood belief, a belly button is not a window for foetuses to watch TV through) and over the years have caught episodes here and there on various channels. But now I find that I am thoroughly enjoying the tales of the 4077. Is it wrong to be in love with Radar? And that ol' Captain Pierce isn't too bad either...
Yes, I am broken.

Time to toot my own horn:
This evening I performed my mitzvah for the week. While walking back from the chinese take away place with Evey G, we came across a distressed elderly gentleman whose wife had just collapsed in his arms. It's an amazing rush to be able to handle situations such as these when they are thrown at you. While many people stand by, unsure of what to do to help, it gives you a huge sense of satisfaction to get in there and lend a hand. Whether it's providing medical help or simply providing comfort, it's amazing to feel like you can make a difference to people's lives. I am pleased to say that after sitting on the ground cradling the poor woman in my arms for 15 mins, she seemed to rally somewhat and we saw her safely into the back of an ambulance to be taken to hospital. The difference that a calm and rational voice made to her and her husband was profound. And it's fantastic to know that such an anonymous "fly by" can so appreciated.
Times like that reassure me that I am doing the right thing by going into nursing. There's a reason why I'm a third generation nurse. :o)
Margaret, I hope you're ok.

Anywho, I'm off back into the world of M*A*S*H again. I could watch this all night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home