Tuesday, January 25, 2005

My throat hurts... :o(

I know I promised weeks ago to write more about New Zealand... But really I just can't be arsed. All you really need to know is that it was beautiful and fun and I fancy I might move over there after I finish my degree.

I've been having a think about casual sex lately and trying to work out why I am such a sucker for a man who says he can't promise anything. I have come to the conclusion that casual sex is something that is done not only to scratch an itch, but also to feel wanted, to feel attractive, and to feel close to someone (even in a rather base sort of way). At least for me anyway. And unfortunately the desire to be wanted and be close completely overrides all sense and, despite the fact that I know I'll probably end up feeling used, I can't help but go ahead with it all again and again.

But it's only this way with guys that snuggle up afterwards and stay the night. The times when you just chuck your clothes back on and go home are much more bearable.

The hardest thing about it is convincing yourself that it's all just a bit of fun.

Casual sex is a great way to avoid getting hurt if you don't like the person you are sleeping with. But when you very much like the person and find them rather attractive casual sex becomes an oxymoron.

And thus concludes my spot of navel gazing... :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home