Monday, December 13, 2004

You're too big to fit in here...

I am a slack arse. It has been more than a week since I posted. It's not that I forgot, it's just that everytime I tried to get going something got in my way and prevented me from getting on the net. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I have several new additions to my family. I was at the pet shop the other day and I was watching these two sweet puppies trying to rip each other's tails off and I realised how much I miss having a pet! So I made a decision there and then to find me a pet. I had to rule out a pupply dog cos I will be moving around a fair bit in the next 18months and it's not fair to have a dog in an apartment (and most places don't allow it). And cats were ruled out cos I just don't like cats. Cats are drag queens and they have sneaky eyes. Birds were on the "no" list cos they make too much noise and they are messy and gross. Mice and rats were a maybe but then hit the "no" list when I remembered how gross it was to clean my pet mice cage when I was a kid. Hermit crabs were too weird, and I kill fish, so in the end I settled for some sweet succulents and cacti as my pets. There's Bob, Betty, Bottom (He's a lithops and he looks like a bum! and Bear, he's opened about 5mm now!), Boo, Boo2, Bertha, and then 3 others that don't have names. Collectively, they are known as "the kids". And the best thing about them it that they don't need constant feeding and attention! And they don't answer back.

I will have to write more later 'cos I am running late to go and get my passport sorted out. NZ here I come!
Tata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home