Sunday, March 19, 2006

Once again I made promises I couldn't keep...

Sorry I disappeared again guys.
This time it was due to technical problems.

My beautiful laptop started to pack it in the other week after I wrote my last post. After sending it off for an inspection it appears that the motherboard and circuitry is damaged and the damage is "consistent with water damage". Considering that for 3 out of the last 4 months my laptop has been sitting in its computer case in my mum's study and for the fourth month it hasn't been anywhere near water and has been constantly under my supervision, this news comes as a surprise. Thank goodness it's still under warranty!!

Over the past couple of weeks I have booked my return to Vanuatu (woohoo!!! Easter here I come!!!) and started back at uni and am trying desperately to score shifts at work (If anyone has some spare money sitting around please feel free to donate it to me!!!). I am very nearly destitute now.

Last night I saw a young man get hit by a car on an extremely busy road near where I live. My friends and I were first on the scene and attended to him until the ambulance arrived. He was in a critical condition with multiple fractures, severe head injuries and possible spinal injuries and internal bleeding. He was still alive when the ambulance came to get him but I'm still waiting for the police to update me on his condition. Today I am waiting for the crash investigator to contact me to take a full statement.

I promise that I will eventually get the rest of that Vanuatu letter up for you guys to read! (It's only taken me a month to do it!)

14 Comments:

At 10:56 am, Blogger carmilevy said...

I'll pray for that young man. The fact that you were all there to help him is an amazing blessing.

Warranties are wonderful things: they often result in new computers when all is said and done Repairs? Bah!

Whatever it takes to get your words on your blog...we miss ya.

 
At 11:03 am, Blogger Panthergirl said...

Oh man... that had to be very traumatic for you. I witnessed a horrible accident when I was a small child. I hope the guy pulls through.

Hope you can stick around this time, missy! ;)

Here via michele.

 
At 11:19 am, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

welcome bac

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How hoorible to witness this terrible accident! This is the second terrible accident I've heard about today...I hope this man will be alright...it sounds pretty bad...

Sorry about your laptop! These things do have a way of going out for various reasons...Drives me nuts, cause I have become so dependent on this bloody machine...LOL

Here from Michele today.

 
At 12:09 pm, Blogger Sandy said...

Wow! That poor man, and frankly, I feel for you and your friends to. Witnessing the tragic events of another's life is tramatic in its own way.

Best of luck with the computer.

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Michele sent me back again tonight, and I was wondering if you had any news of this poor injured young man...such a terrible terrible thing....Glad you are feeling somewhat better...

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger kenju said...

I agree with Carmi, and you were meant to be there when it happened. I hope he pulls through.

Vanuatu again?? You lucky, lucky dog!

Michele sent me.

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Unique Designs from Zazzle said...

post some photos of Vanuatu and your adventures there -- maybe Nance Grace from Court TV will do a story (for 5 months)

 
At 7:00 pm, Blogger barbie2be said...

yikes! i hope the yooung man will be ok. how scary, but it's great that you were willing to attend to him until more help could arrive. so many people don't want to get involved these days...

here from michele's.

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger ribbiticus said...

good thing you and your friends were there, yaeli, to help him out. i hope he recovers soon. did the driver of the vehicle that ran over him even stop to help?

 
At 8:30 pm, Blogger utenzi said...

I don't need no stinkin' Michele to visit you, my dear.

I'm sorry to hear that your notebook has encountered such drastic health issues, lovely Yaeli. While not as tragic as the accident that befell that fellow it's still a bad thing to have happen to you. Good that it's under warranty tho.

 
At 10:38 am, Blogger ... j said...

thats nuts about the crash thing, and unfortunately I dont have any money to give you. Though i'll keep my fingers crossed for future lotto winnings

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger k o w said...

All nurses are sexy. Especially when saving lives. Hell that's why I'm enrolled in nursing now.

 
At 5:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Y! Hope all is really great in your world... You are awfully quiet over there lately! We miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home