Monday, February 20, 2006

Update r.e. my 2am whinge

Following the crap night that I had, Dad and I decided this morning that the best course of action would be to go to the hospital for treatment. So I have spent my day hospitalised and receiving intravenous therapy to reduce the swelling in my neck and face plus some super beefy painkillers to make me feel a bit more human.

We don't quite have a firm diagnosis yet. The leading favourite was glandular fever (mono for all my American friends) until I told them that I've had glandular before and the monospot test came back negative. The leading favourite now seems to be either a rampant form of tonsilitis or some unspecified viral infection and a bit of cellulitis (inflammation of tissues - which explains why my face was so sore).

In order to treat this I have been admitted into a relatively new program that is offered by the hospital. Because I am mobile and seem well otherwise I am a perfect candidate for the Hospital in the Home program, a program that allows me to recieve my treatment as necessary from doctors and nurses in the comfort of my own home. Until I am better (which will hopefully be 2 or 3 days) I will be visited twice a day by a nurse and a doctor who will administer my IV therapy, and anything else I need, in my lounge room. Awesome program!!!

On the down side...
It's my birthday on Wednesday and I've had to postpone my party that I had planned for Friday night. Looks like I'll be spending my birthday sitting quietly at home with a needle in my arm.

But at least I won't be sick anymore (I hope, fingers crossed!)!!!

4 Comments:

At 12:10 am, Blogger Eleni said...

Poor Yaeli!! hope u feel alot better chook, sounds crazy! Sendin my love and get well hugs from England. Hope you have a happy birthday and the evil bugs hangin out in throat pack up and leave so u can celebrate Yaeli style.
Lots of Love Elle xoxoxo

 
At 4:25 am, Blogger utenzi said...

I hope you feel better soon, Yaeli. A visit from your boyfriend might be a big help but the distance might make that a problem.

Happy birthday on Wednesday. It's a shame that you're not going to be able to celebrate in the fashion you'd planned. Maybe the week after you can have a delayed birthday party.

 
At 11:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you may actually be on the road to recovery... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

That sounds like a neat program -- Wish Canada had something like that! A lot cheaper than a hospital bed, for sure.

Happy early birthday, just in case I forget to come by on Wednesday!!

 
At 11:27 am, Blogger Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike roshe run, sac longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike free, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, michael kors, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, prada handbags, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike free

 

Post a Comment

<< Home