Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Another update.

Turns out my nasty little bug is acute follicular tonsillitis, a rather aggressive form of tonsillitis.
The good news is that my treatment is going well and I'm feeling 1000% better than I was yesterday morning.

We will be continuing the IV antibiotics for another couple of days, but all my other meds are oral now. My new IV cannula is in place, no thanks to the doctor who butchered the vein in my wrist before deciding to try again on a vein in the back of my hand, and it appears to be working just fine. Hopefully it will come out on Thursday.

As for my birthday tomorrow, I will be having a nice little Thai picnic on my front lawn with my mum and a few friends and if I'm lucky I might even get some birthday cake!! Yay!!! I think it will be an occasion to bust out the island dress!!!

Addendum - 11pm: Spoke with my beautiful boy in Vanuatu this evening. I feel even better after hearing his voice and knowing that he misses me just as much as I miss him. He's very upset that I'm sick and he can't be here with me but he's very glad that I can still have a conversation with him in fluent Bislama. He was worried that I'd forget the language that I've tried so hard to learn. It feels like it's been weeks and months since we last saw each other, not just one week. I can't wait to go back. I feel so loved up. :o)

11 Comments:

At 3:52 am, Blogger ... j said...

oooh acute follicular tonislitis..... I heard about that before I dropped out of pursuing a medical degree. Anywhosher.... feel better, lotsa luv with the Vanatu hombre, and if i forget happy birthday.

 
At 2:05 pm, Blogger Nabeel said...

anything virus/bacteria that starts with acute is nasty

 
At 9:46 pm, Blogger yellojkt said...

Happy Birthday! It's no fun being sick on your birthday. Our birthdays are only two days apart. Of course, you are much younger looking.

 
At 1:29 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Happy birthday--almost--Yaeli. Now you'll have a reason to go back and visit Vanuatu frequently. LOL

I hope you continue to have a fast recovery, pretty one.

 
At 2:09 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Happy Birthday to you, sweet Yaeli. Happy birthday to you!

I hope today is a great day for you and that you're feeling a lot better now. Cheers!

 
At 8:59 pm, Blogger Uisce said...

I'm still playing catch-up from last week's bout with the flu... happy birthday to you, and I hope you're feeling better!!

 
At 12:05 am, Blogger Viamarie said...

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take Care.

 
At 4:55 am, Blogger Aginoth said...

Sounds Nasty....get well soon

 
At 5:04 am, Blogger utenzi said...

Did Yaeli head back to Vanuatu? Did she miss her boyfriend too much.. or did she succomb to a nasty infection? Stay tuned for the the answers to these and other questions in the next episode of Yaeli's Blog.

 
At 1:44 pm, Blogger carmilevy said...

How wonderful it is to be loved.

Richly deserved, of course.

 
At 11:27 am, Blogger Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, gucci outlet, nike air max, nike roshe run, sac longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp, christian louboutin outlet, louboutin, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike free, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, michael kors, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, prada handbags, uggs on sale, louboutin shoes, louboutin pas cher, air max, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike free

 

Post a Comment

<< Home