Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Moved from Xanga - 30/9/04

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Well, this is my first post! And it seems to me that now the ball is rolling there will be no stopping it!!! A monster has been unleashed... and all because someone told me I was funny! There's no stopping me now... all you can do is blame Steve!

Lately I have been thinking about the protocols of screwing. The other day I was informed, by a guy that I had shtooped regularly for a couple of months, that I had attained "ex" status. When I mentioned the fact that we hadn't really "dated" in the kind of conventional manner that would regularly grant one the status of being an ex following a break up, I was informed that none the less I was included in his list of exes.

This got me thinking about the protocols of the dating / shtooping world, and what criteria one must fill in order to become an ex. Are there categories of exes? Ex-girlfriend / boyfriend? Ex-shtoop? Ex-we-dated-for-three-days-and-then-screwed-on-a-casual-basis-for-three-months? Where do we draw the line when bestowing the title of ex? Do we just use the term ex because it is shorter (and less revealing) than saying "this guy that I used to screw"?

No firm conclusions have been made on this front, and if you have any ideas please let me know. All my posts are open for discussion via the comments option or the guest book and any worthy quotes, rants, responses or ramblings that I may find in there may (with adequate acknowledgement,of course) make their way into the posts.

That's all folks.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 am, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Yaeli. I thought I'd dig through the archives and go back to the beginning of my favorite folks' blogs.

I wish I could answer your question, but I'm a boring married guy, so I don't have a whole lot of expertise here. I've never been one for labels, anyway. Anyone who would single-handedly hang the "ex" title on you likely isn't worth thinking about anyway. Good shtooping (I have ALWAYS loved that word!) can easily be found elsewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home